Saturday, August 31, 2019

Comic 760 -- Between Dreams and Waking

Prepare for a long conversation...

http://www.talesfromthevault.com/thunderstruck/comic760.html


Once again, my inner artist and inner writer had an amusing exchange about this installment:

WRITER: I've got a really long conversation to do here, so I need you to make it visually interesting.
ARTIST: Where's this conversation happening?
WRITER: In an elevator.
ARTIST: ... Dude. Not cool.

Hopefully my inner artist's solution worked out for you all.

Hey, next month I may do something silly with the strip. Long-time readers know I used to fool around a bit between chapters with the extras and outtakes, and I'm feeling the need to take a breather here with something fun along those lines.


5 comments:

Deltarno said...

Now that's how you drop an info bomb. Luckily for grandma, she has two guardian angels looking out for her. Although I think she'll be wondering about that `true power` quip for a while.

Terranovan said...

I think that the "greatest source of strength" that Aaron's talking about is her faith, without the certainty available to vessels of the archangels.

Charles said...

The source of her strength was not trusting anyone.

Charles said...

She has had certainty about the existence of supernatural things ever since she got knocked up by Satan.

Gary Kleppe said...

I picture these conversations between Writer You and Artist You as Ryan George Pitch Meeting videos. #SuperEasyBarelyAnInconvenience

ARTIST: So, you have a scene idea for me?

WRITER: Yes, sir, I do. It's a long conversation between Stella and Aaron.

ARTIST: Oh, long conversations are *tight!*

WRITER: And what makes this one unique is that the whole scene takes place in a moving elevator.

ARTIST: It's going to be hard to make that visually interesting.

WRITER: Actually, it'll be super easy, barely an inconvenience.