Monday, September 21, 2009

Progress Report: 9/21/09

This blog has several purposes, but the primary one is to keep up-to-date with these progress reports. One of the things I learned from writing a webcomic was how useful it is to have a schedule. It keeps me on task, allows me to budget my time, and generally lets me establish a discipline around writing.

So for now, I intend to publish one progress report per week, every Monday, on my writing. If I haven't gotten any writing done or made any progress over a week's time, I'm doing something wrong (unless I'm on vacation). I didn't end Thunderstruck just so I could have more time for video games or watching football. I did it because those hours I spent on the comic are quality hours I am going to use for writing. That's my promise to myself, and to you.

This week's progress was mostly about wrapping up Thunderstruck, but I think I should tell you a little about my novel here while I've got you. It's called Rose & Jade, and is the first installment of a planned trilogy called "The Awakening of Dragons." It took me about two years to write it, and it is now in a sufficiently polished form that I'm shopping it to agents and editors. This week's efforts will be focused on that endeavor, and I'll tell you about all that in more detail next Monday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can we expect a cameo appearance of Tasslehoff Burrfoot in your trilogy?

Unknown said...

If you're shutting down Thunderstuck will you post a bulletpoint of what was going to happen next rather than leave us hanging please.