I'm in the flailing stage here, which on the average lasts about a week for me.
Hi everyone! It's 2010! Egad. Regarding vacation...
- It was good to see family in Nevada and friends in California.
- Saw Avatar, which I thought was terrific, and Sherlock Holmes, which was more enjoyable than I thought it would be. Also saw the J.J. Abrams Star Trek a second time on DVD. While the first time I saw it I was mostly focused on new actors playing beloved characters, the second time draws attention to the sheer ludicrousness of the astronomy that they invoke in the plot. Yikes.
- The Denver Broncos are late-season choke artists again this year. Sadness.
- Still reading Under the Dome by Stephen King. Style-wise, it most reminds me of Needful Things, since it has a large cast consisting of key figures in a small town. I'd like to write a review of it when I'm done.
- Also listening to the last book of Jim Butcher's Codex Alera series. Perhaps I'll write a review of that as well.
- As for my own writing, I didn't expect to get any done at all over vacation, so I was pleasantly surprised to discover that I did manage to find some time to write. I made some good progress on the 1st chapter rewrite for Rose & Jade. Time to get back into the swing of it this week.